Download PDF version
This section will help you download, install and run IQuest Web Accelerator
Version 3.1. If you'd prefer more detailed step-by-step installation instructions,
The minimum system requirements are a Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent)
with 64MB RAM, and at least 5MB of hard-drive space. IQuest Web Accelerator
works with Internet Explorer 4.0 (or later) and Netscape Communicator
4.0 (or later).
- Download the installer to your desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
- On your Desktop you will find an icon called "IQuestWebAccelerator_Setup".
- Double-click the icon to start the installation procedure.
- Once the installation finishes you will be prompted for a username
and password. Enter the username and password provided to you by IQuest.
- To avoid having to keep entering your username and password each
time, ensure that the "Save Password" box is checked and then proceed
to Step 3.
3. Starting IQuest Web Accelerator.
- IQuest Web Accelerator is automatically started when your computer
- Acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as Internet
Explorer or Netscape) or a supported email client (such as Microsoft
Outlook or Eudora) is started.
- On some Windows platforms a bubble icon will appear when the IQuest Web Accelerator
Service has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you can
verify that IQuest Web Accelerator Service has been established by hovering over
the IQuest Web Accelerator tray icon (you should see a "IQuest Web Accelerator Service Enabled..."
4. Using IQuest Web Accelerator.
- Browse the web or download email as you normally would.
- Your web access or email access will be automatically accelerated
by IQuest Web Accelerator.
- If you desire to stop the application, select Stop IQuest Web Accelerator
from the pop-up menu, or if you desire to exit the application completely,
click Exit from the pop-up menu.
5. Further Assistance.
- If you're having trouble installing the product, consult the
detailed installation instructions.
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the Product
Guide with step-by-step instructions on how to use the product.
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running IQuest
Web Accelerator, consult the Troubleshooting
section for further assistance.
- Still having trouble? Feel free to contact
us for product support or feedback.